At Columbia Harbor House in Magic Kingdom Park, they’ve added two new items to the dinner menu. There is now Chicken Pot Pie (filled with white-meat chicken, vegetables and gravy and topped with crunchy breadcrumbs). and the Seafood Macaroni & Cheese (lobster and shrimp over macaroni and cheese).
Columbia Harbor House is a very solid Quick-Service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. It’s consistently good quality for a counter service meal, and it has some very popular, unique menu items.
Their two signature sandwiches, the Lighthouse (Hummus, Tomato, and Broccoli Slaw on Toasted Multigrain Bread) and the Anchors Aweigh (White Tuna, Lettuce, and Tomato on Toasted Multigrain Bread), are very popular with Guests.
The Grilled Salmon is not something many people expect to find on a Quick-Service menu and is a great option. (It is served with couscous and steamed broccoli as sides.)
Additionally there are two salads (currently the Broccoli Peppercorn Salad and Garden Harvest Salad), New England Clam Chowder, Vegetarian Chili, a Lobster Roll, and the trifecta of fried entrees: a Fried Shrimp Platter, a Battered Fish Platter, and Chicken Breast Nuggets.
Here are some interesting facts about Columbia Harbor House:
- It is located in both Fantasyland and Liberty Square, and looks very different from the outside depending on which entrance you use.
- The interior has two floors, so don’t be afraid to head upstairs to eat your meal! It’s often less crowded up there.
- The restaurant opened with the Magic Kingdom in 1971, but was called Nantucket Harbour House back then. The interior theme has remained relatively unchanged.
- The ship pictured on the signage in Liberty Square looks eerily like the Sailing Ship Columbia at Disneyland.
- The nautical music playing inside was once the music played in the queue for 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.
Are you ready for your next Disney Vacation? Click here for a free, no-obligation quote!